Data Center Electrical and Mechanical System removal must be performed by an experienced professional.
Non-licensed individuals that will rip and strip facility systems at a low price guarantee a risky result. Much liability can be created by hiring non licensed individuals to clear out complicated data center equipment. What is left may be a dangerous environment in the future. The fluids involved with data center mechanical systems, batteries, and other critical support equipment must be handled in a certain way and properly disposed of.
Our team identifies those systems, and builds a proper budget for the professional removal of systems for your site. Many times the power distribution is connected to the rest of the building electrical system. If you do not have licensed professionals with a proper plan this can create a dangerous fire situation during decomm or in the future.
A proper data center decommissioning project will complete with the Project Manager taking your through the facility and showing detail of where systems were capped, where power distribution has been disconnected to deadened. You do not want to just rip and strip things from a facility and assume what is left is safe.
FGC Construction is an experienced team that is used to working in live mission critical facilities and understand the proper procedures for decommissioning specific areas of a facility, or even the entire footprint. We ensure all systems are strategically removed to ensure a safe, clean and efficient project.
Throughout the data center decommissioning process, we provide complete coordination with our contractors and vendors, while maintaining a high level of communication with our customer. You can feel confident in putting your decommissioning project in our hands.
Important notes about data center decommissioning and removal
- Impact to facility, live or decommissioned removal
- Entrance/Egress, effect on building
- Disposal, proper disposal certification and safe techniques
- Recycle, proper assessment of recycle of data center equipment
- Equipment value, proper assessment of equipment value
- Expectation post decommission, clean area, debris
FGC Construction Decommissions
- Generator and switchgear decommissioning
- UPS and Battery decommissioning
- Power Distribution, electrical wire, racking decommissioning
- HVAC, ductwork, mechanical plumbing decommissioning
- Raised Floor removal
- Data Center Rack removal and disposal
Please contact one of our FGC Construction Team of professionals today to discuss decommissioning for your upcoming project.