Many customers seek to convert an existing building or facility into a data center.
There may be an ex-telecom facility that has existing power or a site that is in good proximity to fiber. These opportunities are out there and provide a cost-effective way to “piggyback” off of existing building attributes to get a head start on data center capacity and infrastructure. FGC Construction’s team of professionals can be involved during the touring process to assist a customer in identifying quality and poor facility attributes, provide the buyer valuable information to estimate costs to convert an existing site, or compare the build-out costs of one site vs. the other.
FGC Construction has extensive experience doing data center projects inside existing facilities, converting warehouse facilities, old credit card processing facilities, dc telecom sites into AC data center builds, and shopping center conversion to data centers. Bring our team along for the data center site selection process. Keep us along for the negotiation and estimating builds. And partner with us to build your purpose-built data center facility.
The data center site selection process covers:
- Existing electrical systems analysis for data center capacity
- Available utility power for capacity
- Structural analysis of the building to handle data center infrastructure loads
- Layout of facility to translate footprint into operating data center:
- Deck Heights
- Inside and outside space for systems
- Current requirement plus future growth
- Geographical/Environmental factor for mechanical systems
- Estimate to build data center inside existing infrastructure
Please contact one of our FGC Construction Team of professionals today to assist in Site Selection of upcoming project.