MEP Engineering for a data center project is a required activity.
It is integral to the process of the data center construction process. Starting the engineering process early prior to estimating and concepts can be costly and you end up moving in different directions at a high cost. A proper concept and estimating phase, while rolling engineering into the budget many times is the best process. MEP Data Center Engineering solidifies the concepts the CM and customer have developed during estimating. It provides the road-map to bid out all the trades. It also provides guidance on all the technical selections and how the equipment will work together.
A good data center MEP Engineering group on board is essential to the successful outcome of a data center project. FGC has several MEP Engineering companies it works with nationally to complete customer projects.
Data Center Engineering Process
- Confirm power distribution to a solid plan
- Confirm mechanical systems to a solid plan
- Confirming capacities and abilities of electrical and mechanical systems
- Plan, draw customer rack distribution, power delivery and circuit management
- Plan, draw customer mechanical delivery
- Plan, draw transformer to rack one-lines
- Plan, draw switchgear breaker schedule
- Execute on drawing Raised floor, top down cooling, isolating hot/cold aisle, chimney systems
- Identify and translate local code practices to plan for all trades
Please contact one of our FGC Construction Team of professionals today to discuss how Engineering relates to your upcoming project.